Everything, Everything By Nicola Yoon

Madeline is a seventeen year old girl who has not left her house in seventeen years. She has a very rare condition called SCID. That basically means she’s allergic to the world and all it has to offer. She has never been outside, for if she were to go outside she would have trouble breathing and surviving due to the fact that her immune system isn’t strong. The only people that she ever sees is her protective mother and her nurse, Carla. Madeline loves books and plays phonetic scrabble with her mother often. Imagine staying in your house all day for seventeen, almost eighteen years with only your mother and nurse.

Although her daily life routine does change when she spots her new neighbors pull up the house next to them. There is a tall boy, wearing all black, black shoes, black T-shirt, black pants with a black beanie covering most of his head and his name is Olly. Madeline stares through her window and their eyes meet, and in that moment, Madeline knew she was most positively going to fall in love him.

I would recommend this book to young adults and for people who enjoy reading Romance Drama and Comedy. It’s a very cute storyline You get to watch the characters unfold and observe what choices and you will be surprised. There is absolutely some suspense that builds up and wonder. I also really enjoyed reading the endless conversations that Madeline and Olly share and their afterthoughts as well. 

2 thoughts on “Everything, Everything By Nicola Yoon

1. You did a great job writing about the storyline of the book, and making the reader feel as if they were in Madeline’s shoes! This book seems like it would tell a very good story about her life.

2. Hello, Veronica. I heard about the novel ‘Everything, Everything’ a lot before, but never had a nice storyline to study or go off before I buy the book. You did a good job of explaining the story but not telling too much. Visit my blog sometime! http://sxnoor.edublogs.org/